Thursday, May 24, 2012

A 30 Minute Painting

 I've been looking for something to hang on our livingroom wall for over a year without any success. Solution: make some art! I bought a 60x90cm canvas, four tubes of guache paint (white, black, indian yellow and turquoise) and a brush. Then I started painting mixing together different shades of grey and layering the paint in crossed strokes. I added a few dabs of yellow and turquoise and mixed them up with the grays and voilá! A piece of contemporary art in 30 minutes and with 30€ total.

Love the way it turned out!

After hanging it up on the wall I realized I should've picked even a bigger canvas. Though this one at the shop seemed enormous, once hung it looked tiny. Might have to consider making a bigger one.

2 comments:

  1. saini, sä oot niin taiteilija. respect!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tänks hani, tosin tämmöisen nyt tekee kädetön apinakin silmät kiinni :D

      Delete