Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Free Embroidery Transfers

An elegant young lady commissioned a pink handbag from me recently. She, my youngest commissioner so far at the mature age of 6, was very decisive when giving me exact instructions for what she was looking for. She insisted the bag must be same size as the Cherry Tree Bag, but bright fuchsia, have a light bamboo handle and feature beautiful butterflies and one flower. Yes ma'am!

Having never even attempted to embroider butterflies I thought maybe a little research wouldn't hurt, taking into account that a) my customer had very specific criteria and b) the last time I fiddled with insects it didn't end too well (remember the horrible dragonfly slippers..)

So I googled for images to help me start sketching and what did I find: a site offering free vintage embroidery transfers. Perfection! Transferring images to a knitted felted bag isn't as easy as it would seem, but with an image as pretty as this, I think I might have to give it a go!

For free embroidery transfers go to:
www.french-knots.com

No comments:

Post a Comment